Bake your mom something special this Mother’s Day. Nothing says love like homemade, so why not make these melt-in-mouth strawberry chocolate truffles! Delicious guilt-free chocolates with added protein.
✓ 1 Scoop Impact Whey Protein – Strawberry Cream flavor
✓ 2 cups desiccated coconut
✓ 2/3 cup cashew nuts
✓ 1 tbsp. honey
✓ 1 tbsp. Peanut Butter
✓ 1 tbsp. coconut oil
For the Chocolate Coating:
✓ ½ cup Organic Cacao Liquor Buttons
✓ 1 Tsp. coconut oil
1. Place the cashew nuts into a food processor and blitz these on their own for a few seconds until slightly broken down and crumbly
2. Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until well combined
3. Roll the mixture into balls and pop them into the fridge for an hour to set
4. Once cooled, melt the cacao liquor buttons and coconut oil using the double-boiler method. Put an inch of water on to boil in a saucepan and place a glass bowl on top. Don’t allow the bottom of the bowl to touch the water to prevent the chocolate from burning. Once melted, dip each of the balls into the chocolate to completely coat them
5. Place the truffles back into the fridge for around 20 minutes or until the chocolate has solidified
6. Give the gift of healthy truffles this Mother’s Day!