This week, Myprotein is celebrating it’s 16th birthday, 16 years of hard work, and fueling the ambitions of fitness enthusiasts across the globe for so many years to come.
To help celebrate, our resident recipe maker, Vanetta Mayers has whipped up some high protein treats to make those gains taste super sweet.
Add these Birthday Cake Protein Energy Balls to your dessert list for an easy to make treat without the cheat.
Birthday Cake Protein Energy Balls
- 1 scoop Myprotein Birthday Cake Impact Whey Protein
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons sprinkle (we used the coconut sprinkles explained below )
- Place the oats in a food processor and process to a fine powder
- Add cashew butter, salt, coconut oil and Myprotein Birthday Cake Impact Whey Protein powder and process until combined
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in sprinkles
- Divide in 12 and roll into bowls
- Chill for 10 minutes
- Place ¼ cup of sprinkles in a dish and roll protein balls in sprinkles
Store in the fridge in a covered container.
- Desiccated Coconut (in this recipe the coconut was chopped in a food processor, but shredded coconut works as well)
- Food coloring
- Place a ¼ teaspoon of water in a jar with a lid and add 1 to 2 drops of food coloring
- Add ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- Shake until all the coconut is evenly colored
- If color is not vibrant enough add 1 or 2 drops of diluted food coloring and shake again
- Spread coconut on parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Place in the oven at 220 degrees for 5 minutes or until dry. Monitor closely to ensure that coconut does not turn yellow
- Store in an airtight container
Need the right stuff to whip these up? Shop ingredients below.