This healthy, lower carb overnight oatmeal recipe is the perfect weight loss breakfast.
This overnight oatmeal recipe makes a healthy, super-simple, and delicious way to start your day. Simply throw together your ingredients and refrigerate overnight, and boom – overnight oatmeal heaven.
Switching out some of the rolled oats in place of protein powder not only makes this healthy breakfast lower in carbs, but protein increases satiety (fullness) – helping to keep you full until lunch time.
Add a spoonful of Chia Seeds to your overnight oatmeal – they’re brimming with fiber, omega-3 fatty acids (great for your cardiovascular health), vitamins and minerals, and they also plump up crazy big to make their famous dessert-like texture.
As well as a healthy breakfast, this uber-healthy overnight oats recipe also makes the perfect post-workout refuelling snack. Just add a little more protein powder than the recipe states (the amount depends on your body weight, but around 30g is good for the average person for muscle gain), and you’ll be good to go.
Click to jump straight to the macros.
Don’t forget to check out more delicious fitness recipes.
Makes: 1 portion
- 4 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 80ml coconut milk
- 30g rolled oats
- 1/2 scoop Impact Whey Protein (try Canadian Maple or Snickerdoodle flavor)
- 1 tbsp. Chia Seeds
1. Combine the desiccated coconut, coconut milk, rolled oats, whey protein and chia seeds in a bowl and mix well.
2. Cover and allow to set for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
3. Once the oats have plumped up and absorbed lots of the milk, they’re ready to eat. If your oats are a little thick, you can always add some more milk and mix again before serving.
Enjoy this overnight oatmeal recipe? Check out more delicious fitness recipes.