This recipe will please any guests with its crunchy outer crust with stringy gooey centre, it is so more everyone will keep tucking in.
To make the bread:
- 450g (1lb) Strong white bread flour or 400g Whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbs Honey
- 2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Sachet Yeast
- 300ml (1/2 pint) warm water
- 20g rice flour
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 200g Reduced fat cheese
- ½ Red Onion
- ¼ Red Pepper
- ¼ Yellow Pepper
- 2 Spring Onions
- Rosemary Sprigs
- Preheated the oven 220oC
- Mix the flour, honey, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl and make a hole in the centre. Add the warm water a little at a time, mixing well until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead for 5 minutes or until it is smooth. Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for 1 hour.
- The dough will have swelled, press on the mixture to collapse and knead for a 5 minutes on a floured board. Shape the dough into a large oval and place it on a greased baking sheet.
- Mix the rice flour and sesame oil together to form a soft paste. Using a knife, spread the paste over the top of the loaf until it covers the surface.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the rice flour topping has gone brown and has started to crack.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Now Tear & Share…
- Cut length ways three slices down the bread not cutting the whole way through
- Cut width ways to make even cubes all the way down the loaf again not all the way through
- Cut slices of cheese, peppers, red onion and spring onion
- Sprinkle with sprigs of rosemary
- Fill all the cut spaces with cheese then add in the vegetables
- Place on a tray and bake in the oven for 12 minutes on 180oC
- Serve while warm
Macros based on 12 servings