Christmas is approaching and it is that time of year where we all feel the need to indulge a little more than usual. Follow our quick steps and Christmas preps for this amazing chocolate doughnut festive treat.
? 1oz (34g) of Cinnamon Danish or Vanilla Impact Whey
? 1 Cup of Almond Flour or Instant oats (do not use ground almonds)
? 3 tablespoons of Xylitol
? 2 tablespoons of Coconut Flour
? 2 teaspoons of Ground Ginger
? 1/2 a teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
? Few drops of Vanilla Flavdrops
? 1/4 of a cup of Liquid Egg Whites
? 2 tablespoons of 0% fat Greek Yogurt
? 1/2 a cup of water
? 2 tablespoons of unsweetened Apple Puree
For the topping:
? 2oz (65g) of High Protein Chocolate
? 0.7oz (20g) of Liquid Vitafiber
? 1oz (30g) of Almond Milk (room temperature)
? Optional: Gold Stars for decoration
1. Pre-heat the oven to 360 F
2. In a bowl, mix together the Impact Whey, reduced fat almond flour/oat flour, xylitol, coconut flour, cinnamon and ginger.
3. Add in the vanilla flavdrops, liquid egg whites, Greek yogurt, water and unsweetened apple puree to form a thick mixture.
4. Spray a silicone doughnut pan with a low calorie cooking spray/oil and take the dough and roll into long sausage shape pieces and press into the pan to fill each donut hole mould. This should fill a couple of molds so you will need to make at least a couple of batches.
5. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden on top. Leave to cool and once cool, tip out so that the smooth side is face up for topping. Whilst one batch is cooking you can bake another batch.
6. Take the High Protein Chocolate and carefully melt in the microwave ensuring you do not burn it. Add in the liquid Vitafiber and almond milk and mix to form a ganache. Spread the ganache onto each of the donuts and decorate with stars. Leave to set and then enjoy!