We’ve promoted potatoes from side piece to your main meal.
Potatoes — a dinnertime favorite and the most versatile vegetable in your cupboard. If you’re fed up with the same old fries, or jacket potatoes, then it’s time to get creative. Luckily, Niall’s on hand to help. He’s pimped up your average potato to create these awesome loaded hasselback potatoes, in two exciting ways.
For a tasty veggie option, combine the classic combo of mozzarella and tomato with the humble potato for a delicious dinner. Want more of a meat feast? Niall’s showing us how to make cheesy chicken potatoes too.
- 4 potatoes (washed)
- 2 tbsp. 100% Coconut Oil
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 50g mozzarella (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 cooked chicken breast (try baking in Cajun seasoning)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 40g cheddar (sliced)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Place the potato between the handles of two wooden spoons or spatulas and cut thin slices into the potato, cutting down as far as the wooden spoons will let you (not all the way through).
- Next, transfer your potatoes to a baking tray and add the melted coconut oil, mixed with crushed garlic.
- Then, add oregano and season your potatoes generously with salt and pepper before baking them for 1 hour.
- Once baked, remove them from the oven and allow to cool before adding the fillings.
- Place a couple of slices of cheddar or mozzarella on top of each potato and bake for another ten minutes. Then, remove and tuck in!