These giant dairy-free cinnamon rolls are exactly what you need for an indulgent treat that fits into your diet. They’re free of refined sugar, high in protein, and totally dairy-free and vegan-friendly.
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp. sugar-free syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Vegan Protein Blend
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2.5 oz. pecan nuts
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 6 medjool dates (destoned)
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
Dairy-free cream cheese icing:
- 1-2 tbsp. almond milk
- 3.5 oz. vegan cream cheese
To make the dough:
- First, make the dough. Heat the almond milk until just warm. Once warm, add to a small bowl with the yeast and syrup and set aside for around 5 minutes.
- Next, make your flaxseed egg by adding 3 tbsp. of water to 1 tbsp. flaxseed and allowing to soak for a few minutes. This binds your cinnamon rolls together.
- Now combine the flour, vegan protein, cinnamon, and melted coconut oil into a large mixing bowl. Stir and then gradually add the yeast mixture. Pour out the mixture onto a floured surface and knead for 20 seconds or so. Add the dough ball to a bowl and cover with a tea towel. Set aside somewhere warm to prove to double in size for around an hour.
- Make the filling. Blend the nuts, bananas, and dates together until smooth.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, preheat your oven to 180° Add a little flour to a large surface and roll the dough out into a large rectangle – roughly 8”x15”.
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough, then roll the dough from the shortest edge into a tight snake. Cut into 8-10 slices. Put the rolls into a greased 8”x8” baking dish, then cover with a tea towel and allow to prove for another 20 minutes or so.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown, then once cooked, allow to cool before adding the topping.
- To make the topping, mix the vegan cream cheese and almond milk together. Add a little Sugar-Free Syrup here if you prefer it sweet. Coat the tops of your giant cinnamon rolls and devour.