Niall’s Mexican stuffed peppers are perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
Bursting with color and flavor, this delicious recipe is a great way to get a boost of nutrients into your day — as bell peppers are packed with vitamin C and antioxidants.
Stuffed with a lean chili, each serving also provides 21g of protein too, ideal for helping you to meet your daily targets in a seriously tasty way.
When it comes to easy meal prep to mix it up from chicken and rice, these are definitely a winner — make up a batch and portion with a side salad for a healthy, filling lunch.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 tbsp. 100% Coconut Oil
- 250g lean beef mince (5% fat)
- ½ pack chilli seasoning
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 100g salsa
- 250g cooked rice
- 100g sweetcorn
- Handful of jalapeños
- 60g low-fat cheddar
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Then, slice the tops off of the peppers, remove the any seeds and transfer to a baking dish or tray.
- Bake the peppers for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan.
- Then, add your beef mince and fry for 5 minutes until the beef turns brown.
- Next, add your chili seasoning, stir it into the beef mince and fry for a further 2 minutes. Then add your onion and fry for another 4-5 minutes.
- Now, add the salsa, sweetcorn and rice and stir so everything is well combined.
- Let cook for another 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Now, stuff your cooked peppers with the beef mince, top with jalapeños and cheddar cheese and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
For more meal prep ideas, check these out next:
Mexican Stuffed Peppers | Easy Meal Prep Ideas
Amount per serving
|Calories||286kcal||90 Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value *|