Looking for a tasty way to use up those pumpkin insides?
It’s that time of year again where we all get to embrace our inner child and the incredible seasonal treats that come with autumn. Halloween isn’t just a very important day in the calendar, it’s a whole mood, right?
These pumpkin muffins are an ideal treat to get in the spirit of things — not to mention they’re a sweet & simple way to top up your daily protein intake.
- 2 eggs
- 30g 100% Coconut Oil
- 50g maple syrup
- 60ml milk
- 2 scoops Impact Whey Protein (Vanilla)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 180g flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- White chocolate (melted)
- Pumpkin seeds
- First, preheat the oven to 360°F.
- Then in a bowl add the eggs, oil, maple syrup, milk, and protein powder. Beat the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix again until thoroughly combined.
- Finally, add the flour and baking powder and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Transfer the mix into a muffin tray that’s either pre-lined with a little cooking spray or muffin cases so that they don’t stick. You should get 12 evenly sized muffins from the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Flo recommends covering with tin foil and removing for the last 5 minutes of cooking to make sure they don’t burn on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Then drizzle with melted white chocolate and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds for the perfect finishing touch.