On the menu tonight: Niall Kirkland’s beef ramen noodles.
This hearty, warming recipe is an ideal choice for cold winter evenings — packed with tender steak and a rich, beefy broth for plenty of protein. It’s a delicious way to get a vitamin and mineral boost too, thanks to fresh ingredients like pak choi, spring onions and ginger.
- 2 tbsp. 100% Coconut Oil
- 3 garlic cloves (very finely chopped)
- Cube of ginger (very finely chopped)
- 1 chili (finely chopped)
- 3 spring onions (roughly chopped)
- 1 liter beef stock (use two stock cubes)
- 250ml boiling water
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. five spice
- 4 pak choi leaves
- 2 packs instant ramen noodles
- 1 tsp. 100% Coconut Oil
- 1 8oz sirloin steak
- 3 eggs (1 per serving)
- Chopped spring onion
- Firstly, heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large saucepan and sauté the garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Then, add the chili and spring onion and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the beef stock, soy sauce, fish sauce, five spice and 250ml of boiling water.
- Give it a stir, bring to the boil and then leave to simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a skillet or frying pan and sear your sirloin steak for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Now, bring a saucepan of water to boil and add your eggs. Cook the egg for 5-6 minutes before removing and transferring to a bowl of ice cold water.
- Once your eggs are cooled, remove the shell and set aside.
- Back to your broth. Add the pak choi and some ginger slices and leave to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then, add your instant noodles and leave them to soak for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve your noodles and broth with the steak and an egg. Garnish with spring onion and coriander, and enjoy!