Move over banana bread, it’s time to take things to the next level.
Our kitchen king, Niall Kirkland, is here to help us break loose from the crowd by showing us this incredible new use for all those ripe bananas. Yeah, banana bread is good, but have you ever tried banana brownies?
These aren’t just any old brownies either — they’re peanut butter brownies. If that’s not enough to get you excited, we don’t know what is.
Made with wholemeal flavor and no refined sugar, these indulgent treats get all of their sweetness from natural sugars in the bananas and honey. Oh, and a few drops of our incredible calorie-free FlavDrops.
Scrap whatever you had planned for today, these deserve to be top of your to-do list.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 150g smooth peanut butter (plus 25g for topping)
- 100g honey
- 2-3 drops FlavDrops (Vanilla)
- 80g wholemeal flour
- 40g cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 100ml milk (add milk until your mixture reaches desired consistency)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Add the bananas to a mixing bowl and mash them using a fork.
- Then, add the peanut butter, honey, and FlavDrops, and mix well until fully combined.
- Next, add the wholemeal flour, cacao powder, salt, and mix again.
- Now, mix your milk into the mixture. Keep adding milk until the mixture reaches the desired consistency — it should be a thick, smooth batter.
- Transfer your mixture to a lined baking dish, you can either line it by brushing melted butter and then adding baking paper to the dish, or butter and then lightly dusting with cacao powder as Niall has done in this video.
- Add 4 teaspoons of peanut butter to the top of the mixture and swirl using a knife.
- Bake your brownies for 20 minutes. Once baked, remove from oven, leave to cool, and slice up into 16 brownies.