Packed with juicy BBQ chicken and oozing mozzarella, these calzones are a taste sensation you need in your life.
Calzones are traditional Italian folded pizzas — oven-baked and bursting with cheese. Our fool-proof recipe is made with a tangy BBQ chicken filling, using our delicious Sugar-Free Sauce which is low-calorie, low-fat, and completely sugar free.
In just a few simple steps, you’ll be tucking into these golden brown pockets of joy — and once you’ve tried them, they’ll be a regular feature in your meal plans.
- 1 sheet readymade pizza dough
- 25ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Sugar-Free Sauce (BBQ)
- 1 chicken breast (cooked & shredded)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 50g low-fat mozzarella
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- Roll out the dough and cut out 2 circles using an upturned bowl to cut around.
- Add the shredded chicken breast to a bowl along with a generous amount of BBQ Sugar-Free Sauce to make a nice, rich BBQ chicken mix.
- In a separate dish, mix together the oil, garlic powder, and salt. Spoon a little of the mixture onto each circle of dough and spread to coat evenly.
- Next, add a generous amount of BBQ Sugar-Free Sauce to the center of the dough along with a few spoons of the BBQ chicken.
- Add slices of red onion and chunks of low-fat mozzarella on top and then roll over one side of the dough to create a semi-circle shape with all of the ingredients enclosed inside. Use your fingers to pinch & twist the edges of the dough together to seal the calzone.
- Brush each calzone with egg wash and then cook for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving — and be careful of the hot, melty mozzarella inside!