Baked feta pasta was probably the tastiest TikTok trend to grace our screens.
It was one of those social media moments where everyone, on every feed, seemed to be tucking into the same thing across the world. Now, we’re bringing back the baked feta but pairing it with light, fluffy couscous to make it the perfect summer BBQ side.
The best thing about this dish has to be that it’s minimal fuss to prepare, cook, and then clean up after — you basically just have to bake everything in one dish for 20 minutes. Simple as that.
It’s easy to adjust to make it entirely your own too, whether you feel liking adding different veg, boosting the flavor with your favorite herbs, or raising the heat level with extra chilies, it’s all up to you.
Perfect as a delicious side for your next BBQ or to freshen up your weekly meal prep during summer.
- 200g feta
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp. mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 200g couscous
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Fresh chilies to garnish
- Parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the feta and cherry tomatoes to an ovenproof baking dish. Sprinkle with mixed herbs and drizzle with olive oil, then bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the couscous to a large bowl and cover with boiling vegetable stock. Mix well, cover with a lid or plate, then leave to cook for around 10 minutes or until the liquid has been soaked up and the couscous is light and fluffy.
- Now, with a fork or masher, lightly mash the baked feta and cherry tomatoes until all combined in a kind of thick sauce. Add the couscous and stir to combine.
- Garnish with chopped fresh chilies, a crack of black pepper, and parsley leaves. Enjoy immediately or keep for up to 3 days.