Supplements

Kre-Alkalyn | Benefits, Dosage & Side Effects

Kre-Alkalyn® is a recently developed form of Creatine and is also known as buffered Creatine. It has shown to be more productive and enhanced version of Creatine Monohydrate. Creatine Monohydrate is a harmless substance as shown by experts but there may be very mild issues post consumption of Creatine like bloating or mild stomach aches. These side effects tend to differ with every individual.

Kre-Alkalyn® is a patented form of Creatine with no load, no cycle and is the safest form of Creatine money can buy. This article aims to give you a better understanding of Kre-Alkalyn® and its worthiness over Creatine Monohydrate and other creatine supplements.


Kre-Alkalyn® vs Creatine Monohydrate – What Causes the Stomach Cramps?

A common problem associated with Creatine Monohydrate is an upset stomach for some and cramps for the others during the initial days of Creatine consumption. Again these symptoms are not associated with every individual.

Research shows that the stomach issues are related to the low pH levels of Creatine Monohydrate. Kre-Alkalyn® was developed to make sure that consumption doesn’t lead to stomach issues as the pH is a balanced one.


Kre-Alkalyn® vs Creatine Monohydrate – Better Safety due to reduced level of Toxic creatinine?

Creatine Monohydrate is stable when in solid form. When it is mixed with fluids inside the body, it breaks down and releases a toxic compound called creatinine. Creatinine is associated with forms of Creatine that have lesser Creatine percentage. Let’s take an example of a Product A which has 90% of pure Creatine. While the body decomposes and utilizes the 90% of bioavailable Creatine, the rest 10% is a waste and is commonly known by the name creatinine.

kre alkalyn benefits

Kre-Alkalyn®‘s claim that it is 100% bio available and there is no waste residue though studies don’t back up on this that well. Furthermore, Kre-Alkalyn contains patented molecular buffering process that supposedly creates a 100% stable form of buffered Creatine that is unlikely to get converted into creatinine but the fact is still not scientifically backed well.


Kre-Alkalyn® vs Creatine Monohydrate – Better Absorption and Great Results?

Kre-Alkalyn® has to be consumed in very less dosages and there is no loading phase associated. On the other hand, if we see other variations of Creatine like Creatine Ethyl Ester and Creatine Gluconate – they are superior to normal Creatine Monohydrate and here Kre-Alkalyn doesn’t do anything great.

The results speak for themselves – a study was conducted to find the difference between strength gains in powerlifters. In the study, a group was given Creatine Monohydrate starting with a loading phase of 20 grams for 5 days followed by a maintenance phase of 5 gram per day. The second group was given Kre-Alkalyn® as mentioned by the manufacturer-1.5 grams for first 28 days followed by maintenance dosage. It was found that Kre-Alkalyn® doesn’t give any extra push to the strength and the results obtained were at par with those of Creatine Monohydrate.


Kre-Alkalyn® – Does it provide any ground-breaking success?

The issues around Creatine like stomach cramps, larger dosages while loading, bloating and all were deemed as negative effects, thus Kre-Alkalyn® was developed. It is worth noting that Creatine’s ill effects can easily be managed by consuming other available forms like Creatine Nitrate, Creatine Gluconate, and Creatine Ethyl Ester.


Take-Home Message

The sport nutrition industry is always enthusiastic about new products that give results – there just needs to be more research surrounding this supplement. Until then, Creatine is there for us and it always works!



Myprotein

Myprotein

Writer and expert


REWARDING OUR READERS - 15% OFF EVERYTHING! USE CODE: ALWAYS