After you’ve seen this, we’d be willing to bet on your breakfast plans for tomorrow.
Sometimes the best ideas are the simplest ones. This no-fuss recipe uses a few absolutely textbook breakfast ingredients (can you ever wrong with bacon and eggs?) but instead of just having a bagel on the side we’ve taken things one step further and actually filled them up with the good stuff.
Loaded with eggy, cheesy goodness, it will only take you one bite to be hooked forever. They’re easy to mix up with your favorite extras too — try switching the bacon bits for mushrooms if you have a veggie to cater for. Plus, they can easily be made in a batch for a delicious brunch option that’s guaranteed to be ready all at the same time. Winning.
- 2 bagels
- 4 bacon rashers (diced)
- 3 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- 50g cheddar (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- First, half your bagels and use a spoon to scoop out the insides so they’re hollowed out, then place them on a baking tray.
- Fry up your bacon pieces until cooked through and slightly crispy. Spoon them into the hollowed bagel halves, making sure to distribute evenly.
- Crack the eggs into a jug, season well, and beat until combined. Carefully pour the egg mixture into each bagel half, stopping just before the top so that they don’t overflow.
- Top each bagel with plenty of grated cheddar along with a sprinkle of chives and then cook for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before biting into pure heave — be careful of that hot cheese though!