Meal replacement shakes are a convenient way to get a healthy, low-calorie meal on the go. Our meal replacement shakes contain a complete supply of protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals, saving you time preparing meals.
What are meal replacement shakes?
Meal replacement shakes are a substitute for food-based meals. Packed with a good level of protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals, meal replacement shakes make sure you’re getting a balanced diet full of all the nutrients you need to support your health regime in a quick-to-make powder-based formula that’s perfect for consuming on the go.
So whether you’re bulking up or losing weight, they’re ideal for saving time on heavy training days, while giving you the nutritional boost you need to build muscle or lose weight.
The benefits of meal replacement shakes
All types of gym goers can benefit from a meal replacement shake diet – a convenient way to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Quick and convenient. Nutrient-packed meal replacement shakes are quick to make and consume – perfect if you’ve got a tight schedule. What’s more, they can help you resist unhealthy processed and fast food that might otherwise be tempting if you’re hungry and short on time.
- Filled with goodness. The best meal replacement shakes contain a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals, fiber and protein – giving you all the energy and nutrients you need for a healthy balanced diet.
- Low-calorie alternative to meals. Reducing your calorie intake is key to weight loss. A protein-rich meal replacement shake can make you feel full for fewer calories than a fat and carb-heavy food-based meal, potentially helping you lose weight faster.
When to take meal replacement shakes
Meal replacement shakes can be taken at various points of the day as an alternative to food-based meals and to support your body before or after a workout.
- At breakfast. Many people know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it can be tempting to skip if you don’t have time to cook or you don’t feel hungry. That makes it an ideal time for a meal replacement shake. Easy to make and consume, meal replacement shakes will give you the energy you need early in the day for a fraction of the time it would take to cook a food-based meal.
- At lunch. If you’ve not had time to make yourself a lunch that’s both filling and healthy, it’s all too easy to grab fast food packed with fat, salt and sugar – but that won’t help your gym workouts one bit. Having a meal replacement shake instead will give you a healthy, simple nutritional boost that’ll make you feel full and satisfied, and keep you going for the afternoon.
- Before and after a workout. Taking a meal replacement shake before a workout will fuel your body and delay muscle fatigue, so you’ll be able to stay stronger for longer on the weights or the treadmill. Taking a protein shake as a meal replacement shake afterwards will boost muscle repair and recovery.