Myprotein athletes and super cute fit couple Lawrence Ballenger and Francesca Piccoli talk to us about their training, meals, and how proud they are of their significant other this Valentine’s Day!
Read on to find out who is the best cook and what a typical leg workout is for this fitness model pair.
Spending time with your significant other can seem impossible when fitness is a major priority for both of you, while still having to work. We’re here to tell you that you can do both because we are living proof. We are committed to using the fitness lifestyle we both love to help bring us closer together.
Fit Couple Training
We train together almost every day and it’s great! It is honestly one of our highlights of the day because we can feed off the other’s energy and uplift each other while at the gym. The workouts are intense because we both want to reach our goals as well as helping our better half reach their goal. We do the same workouts because we both want to be aesthetic, athletic and strong. Below is a sample workout
Day 1 (Legs)
Super Set 5 sets of 20 reps
- Leg extensions
- Leg curls
Super Set 5 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Press
- Lunges (10 steps each leg)
Squats 4 sets of 20 reps
- First do 10 reps then rest at the bottom of the 10th rep for 20 sec then finish the last 10 reps for a total of 20 reps.
Hack squats 3 sets of “60, 40, 20”
- Pick a light to moderate weight and do as many reps as possible but controlled for 60 sec then rest for 10 sec, continue with the same weight for 40 seconds then rest for 10 seconds and continue for 20 seconds. Once completed that’s one set.
Fit Couple Cooking
On the drive home we talk about our day and that is time and focus on each other, then the second we get home we wash up and we split up the task. Lawrence usually starts cooking dinner since he is so picky on what he eats and Fran get the house work done while taking the dogs out.
We usually have different diets since Lawrence goes between bulking and cutting and Francesca is usually trying to stay lean or cut. We set our cheat meal day on the same day so we can enjoy all the deeply unhealthy food together!
Lawrence is a great chef and has a more flexible schedule since Francesca is in the Military, so he cooks the majority of the meals and makes new recipes to ensure we are able to enjoy our favorite meals in the healthiest way. Francesca makes the most delicious healthy snacks so when we are on the run or need something to hold us over to our next meal we aren’t forced to eat a candy bar or chips. Below are an example of a healthy meal and snack we normally make.
Stuffed Bison Steak
- 2 cups of Fresh Spinach, Chopped
- 1 tbsp Feta Cheese
- Pinch of Garlic
- 12oz Sirloin or Bison steak
- Lightly oil skillet and heat to medium heat
- Saute spinach and garlic until soft
- Mix Spinach, garlic and fetta in bowl
- Cut a pocket in the middle of steak
- Stuff steak and set on a preheated grill or skillet(medium Heat)
- Cook until desired internal heat is achieved in the steak
Serve with sweet potato and salad.
Blueberry Vanilla Protein Muffins
- 8 egg whites
- 1 cup oats, floured or whole
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1 scoop Vanilla Impact Whey Isolate
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients except cottage cheese
- Add cottage cheese last in mix
- Bake at 350 until firm and golden on top
Fit Couple Motivation
We are both proud of each other’s ability to inspire others to chase their fitness dreams and goals across the world. Fran has inspired a multitude people to lose weight: she used to be 200lbs and dropped 80lbs to become a published fitness model and a national level bikini and figure competitor. Lawrence has worked with some of the top Doctors in the fitness field to educate himself on nutrition, supplementation and training to become one of the world’s best all-around fitness motivators and teachers as well as a Cover Model for multiple magazines.
The most important thing in your relationship is realizing that fitness shouldn’t hinder spending quality time with your significant other. Instead use it to build a closer relationship and use each aspect as a bonding experience.