It’s time for one of the most popular workout routines/topics everyone looks for. The workout that will give you giant and sculpted arms.
When it comes down to training arms, it’s important to realize the size difference between the biceps and the triceps. Your triceps make up 2/3 of your upper arm meaning they are larger and can sustain a greater amount of stimulation compared to your biceps. This means you can work your triceps more frequently and with a lot heavier workloads compared to your biceps. The best routine for your arms is one that will create a great blood flow to the muscles to enable a proper stretch in the muscle fibers. This is done by performing exercises with a full range of motion while keeping constant tension and still using as heavy a weight load that you can manage with good form and control.
Superset 1 Exercises:
1. Dumbbell Concentration Curls (6×10 reps per arm). This is to immediately create a pump to the biceps and help drive fatigue much faster.
2. Next is Standing Barbell Curls (5×8 reps). This is to be performed immediately after concentration curls, without any rest in between exercises. Using as heavy weight as possible for this, make sure to keep elbows tight at the sides and squeeze the contraction at the top. You should be lifting heavy enough that you cannot perform another superset after this and need a rest.
3. After a small rest, go right into 2 Arm Preacher Curls (6×8 reps). Using either a preacher machine or a cambered/bent bar on a pad, use as heavy a weight as you can control. You will want to make sure your arms are able to be stretched out as far as possible on the release to help stretch the muscle fibers of your bicep at both ends of the insertion.
4. Rest for about 1-2 minutes before jumping into the next superset. For this, you will perform 1 Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curls. This is the same as the bar, except using 1 arm for dumbbells. You should go as heavy as you can, performing 6 sets of 10 reps per arm. There is no rest between sets, so immediately after one arm does 10 reps, go to the next arm until each arm has done 6 sets total.
5. Right after single arm preacher curls, you will go to the pull up bar and perform 5 sets of Underhand Pull Ups, targeting the biceps. Go until failure on each set. Push past the mental barrier and make sure each set is truly to failure and you cannot lift yourself up for another rep.
6. After the pull ups, take a short break. Now you are going to perform Alternating Dumbbell Curls. Either seated or whilst standing, perform these curls in a supinated fashion. This mean that as the dumbbell comes to the top of the curl, you are rotating your wrist outwards to focus the weight load on the overall ball of the bicep head. Perform these for a total of 6 sets of 12 reps, a total of 6 reps per arm in the set. Rest for only 45-60 seconds between each set.
7. Without resting, move onto the Standing Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extensions. Using a dumbbell with a weight you can control, perform these with 2 arms, interlocking your hands together and lowering the dumbbell from above your head to behind your neck until hands are at the base of your skull. Raise back up as far as possible, but avoid locking out your elbows. Perform for 5 sets of 8 reps. Make sure to go as heavy as possible while still controlling the weight and motion.
8. After double arm extensions, do the same without resting, but using a lighter weight for Single Arm Extensions. Perform for 5 sets of 10 reps per arm. After your final set you have earned your rest period.
9. Rest for about 2 minutes or so. Using the bench press, you will perform Close Grip Bench Press to target the triceps while keeping your hands relatively narrow and your elbows tucked in. Tighten your traps as well until they are tight all the way down your elbow region. Lower the weight in a controlled fashion and explode to push it up. Make sure to go as heavy as possible for 5 sets of 8-10 controlled reps. Go slow on the down motion and explode to push the weight up.
10. Finally, you are on the tenth and final exercise. Without resting after the narrow grip bench press, find a dip bar and perform 5 sets of dips with just your bodyweight until failure. Keep the elbows tight and tucked in and go slow and pause on the bottom before exploding back up. Squeeze the arms as tight as possible to focus on the triceps.
Take Home Message
There you have it. The ultimate workout for your arms to help increase size and strength in the biceps and triceps while creating as much stimulation as possible. After doing these 10 exercises, and pushing yourself on each one, your biceps and triceps will be sufficiently fatigued and you should have a great pump. Enjoy and have a great workout.