One of the largest and most sold product types available in the fitness market – besides protein powders and shakes – are fat burners, metabolic boosters, and caffeine pills. These are all products that are designed to help the consumer to lose weight in what is commonly perceived as an extremely simple and effective way to burn fat without having to put forth excess effort. These are products that consumers are led to believe they must take in order to achieve a certain goal.
First, let’s clear up that all products like protein powders, fat burners, and others, are called supplements. These products are called supplements for a reason, because they supplement another source in an easier way that you can consume it in. A protein shake is a supplement for an actual food meal for people who do not have the time to cook or simply need quick nutrients. It’s exactly what they are called.
The same goes for fat burners, aka Thermogenics. Although many people feel fat burners are a quick fix I would like to give you the knowledge to allow you to carefully decide which fat burners to look for when making your next purchase.
What Are Fat Burners Made Of?
Fat burners are often made up of the same products or chemicals, usually Caffeine, L-Tyrosine, Alpha Lipolic Acid (ALA), Vitamin B and Acetyle-L-Carnitine, and when combined and consumed in large quantities, help create a thermogenic effect in the body. This means that the body’s core temperature rises above normal levels, which causes the body to work at an advanced or accelerated rate. By working at higher than normal levels, you use more energy to perform your daily routines as you normally would. This is what helps burn fat, by simply using more energy throughout your day to burn more calories.
However, one of the biggest issues with this is that it leads consumers into believing that by buying these fat burners and thermogenics that you will instantly begin to lose weight. This is entirely fiction. Weight loss is not about the right supplement. Instead, it’s about 80% diet and the remaining 20% is from exercise and supplements. A fat burner or thermogenic can help with fat loss, however, this is only true if you have a proper exercise routine and a healthy and well balanced diet in place. If your diet is not 100% what it should be to lose weight for your body, the Fat Burner will not yield any results. Think of a supplement as an aid to your exercise and nutrition.
What Does A Fat Burner Do?
So what exactly does a fat burner supplement do? It’s possible that most fat burners or thermorgenics can help increase your energy levels, suppress your appetite to result in a lower caloric intake which results in an increase in caloric expenditure, and increase your metabolism, which will cause your body to burn more calories during the day. Each fat burner is different from one another in regards to what it is composed of.
The first step is to get an understanding of how the fat burner works, and to do this we start by looking at the label listed on the product. Each product will have a label with a serving size suggestion that the company recommends and stating exactly what is being consumed in each serving. For instance, the bottle might say to consume 2 pills per serving and have 3 servings a day, however, since this is also the recommended serving size, it does not mean that that is what you must take each day in order to see results. It’s based on your needs and how your body reacts to the product.
Fat burners are just like any other drug, and too much of them can be dangerous to your health. Avoid consuming a fat burner or thermogenic on an empty stomach, for this may make your body irritable and cause your upsetting in your stomach as well as possible headaches.
In simple terms, fat burners are supplements and should not be abused in order to help speed up results at too advanced of a rate. Everyone’s body reacts differently to some ingredients and products, so what works for you might not work for others. Keep track of your progress and track what you are consuming and exactly how much. This will give you an understanding of how well a product is working for you and how much of the product you need in order to see results that you desire.
Stick with a proper exercise and diet and allow this to be your main focus, and let supplements be what they are, supplements for other sources. Do not rely on supplements themselves to give you the results you desire. Also, do not take fat burners if you are pregnant or nursing, or have any type of health condition.
If you do have any health issues, please consult with your doctor or physician before taking any supplements whatsoever to ensure your highest quality of health possible and to avoid any possible risks that may arise. Keep these tips in mind and I can promise you that you will begin to get the basic knowledge required in order for you to conquer your fat-loss battle and begin getting svelte in no time!