As athletes and health individuals, we need to make sure we have a steady supply of protein at each meal – and breakfast shouldn’t be an exception, but what can we eat besides eggs!?
We have you covered, not only with 6 egg-alternative breakfasts but 6 high-protein, delicious, nutritious options and some of them should almost be a treat because they’re so tasty!
1) High Protein French Toast
Let’s kick things off with a much more macro friendly alternative to the favorite treat dessert that is French toast!
– 1 oz egg whites
– 1 oz almond milk
– 1 oz Impact Whey Protein
– 2 Slices of lowest carb bread
1) Put the egg white, almond milk and whey in a bowl and mix together
2) Put a frying pan onto a medium heat and spray with low calorie cooking spray or use a touch of coconut oil
3) Dip your bread into the mixture and get it nice and coated4
4) Place your bread slices onto the pan and cook for roughly 90 seconds each side
2) 2-Minute Microwave Protein Cake
Do you have at least 2 minutes in the morning? Then this is perfect for you, for some people it could take even less time!
1) In a bowl, mix everything together until nice and smooth
2) Put into the microwave for roughly 45 seconds until almost cooked, a tiny bit runny in the middle
3) Top with low fat whipped cream or anything you’d like!
Macros per cake (without topping:)
3) Dark-Choc Protein Breakfast Truffles
These wonderful energy filled truffles will guarantee to kick start your day the right way, you could even experiment and add in brewed coffee instead of milk for an even bigger morning boost!
– 2 scoops of Impact Whey Protein
– 30g Cocoa
– 5 Tbsps Ground Almonds
– 2 Tbsps Truvia
– 1 oz Melted Coconut Oil
– 2 oz Milk
a) Combine all the above ingredients in a big bowl, pouring the milk in a bit at a time, you might not need to include all of it. Mix together with a spoon and then use your hands to form it into a big ball
b) Take out bits from the big ball, shape into small balls in your hands and then roll in cocoa powder. Repeat until all the mixture is made into small balls
c) Place in the fridge overnight and eat for breakfast for power truffles!
Macros (1 out of 16 truffles:)
4) Low-Carb Chia Protein Pudding
The super food that is the chia seed is so versatile and it’s also high in protein and fibre, if you’re on low carbs or just prefer to save your carbs for later in the day, give this pudding a try!
– 1 oz Chia seeds
– 1 scoop Whey Protein Powder
– 100ml Almond Milk
a) Grab a shaker and place the milk, protein powder and chia seeds into it. Put a lid on the shaker and shake till fully combined
b) Pour it into 1 glass. Place into a fridge and leave to set overnight, enjoy for breakfast in the morning
5) Choc-Banana Peanut Butter
Protein Smoothie Recipe
Protein Smoothie Recipe
Such a perfect marriage of ingredients, Chocolate, Bananas and Peanut butter, they were destined to be together. Enjoy them yourself first thing in the morning!
– 1 Banana
– 1 oz Peanut Butter
– 5g Cocoa
– 5 oz Total Greek
– 4 oz Milk
– 1-2tsp Honey
1) Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth!
6) Apple And Cinnamon Protein Pancakes Recipe
Apple pie type flavours combine so well in this recipe and the macronutrient profile is so well balanced for healthy individuals, especially if you train first thing in the morning.
a) Combine all ingredients in a food processor
b) Put a small frying pan onto a medium heat and spray with low calorie cooking spray or use a touch of coconut oil
c) Put enough to make a thin layer in a pan
d) As soon as you can flip it, do so and cook for 10 seconds on the 2nd side.
e) Serve and enjoy!
Macros per Batch: