This is a recipe that many people I know have used or altered in one way or another. It’s a simple Cranberry Sauce recipe that doesn’t call for any added sugar like most recipes do. Despite the reduced sugar this cranberry sauce will still have that sweet, savory flavor, that added sugar recipes have. So here’s how to make it and I hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving!
✓ 2 bags or so of Fresh cranberries. Roughly 1.5-2lbs worth of cranberries
✓ ¾ Cup Pineapple Juice
✓ ¼ Cup Orange juice
✓ ½ cup of Sugar Free Applesauce
✓ ½ Cup of water
✓ 4 tablespoons of honey (this is to act as a sweetener and is only needed if you prefer your sauce to be extremely sweet)
1. Combine everything above except the Orange Juice into a saucepan
2. Cover with lid and bring to a boil while stirring the entire time
3. Once boiling, reduce heat and slowly cook for about 10 minutes or a little longer
4. Add the orange juice to the mixture and continue stirring while still having the heat on low for another 10 minutes or a little longer until the mixture is mixed evenly
5. Remove from heat after its done and allow it to cool
6. Pour mixture into a container and store in fridge. I recommend keeping it in the fridge overnight before serving it to allow it to thicken as much as possible.
*If it’s not as sweet as you like it to be, simply add more honey or a sugar free natural sweetener/sugar substitute to the mixture.
This recipe serves around 6 people.
Macros Per Serving
Calories: 100 Protein: 1 g Fat: 0 g Carbs: 25 g