Chinese take-out doesn’t have to be unhealthy! Give this super-easy, low-carb teriyaki beef zoodle recipe a go for your next meal prep session.
Makes: 4 meals
Ingredients For Teriyaki Beef Zoodles
For the sauce:
- 75ml soy sauce
- Optional: 1 clove garlic (chopped) and ½ thumb ginger (grated)
- 1.5 tbsp. cornstarch
- 120ml water
- 4-5 tbsp. maple syrup or Sugar-Free Syrup
For the rest:
- 3 rump steaks (cut into slices)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 4 zucchinis (spiralized)
- 75g edamame beans
- 2 yellow bell peppers (chopped)
- Sprinkle sesame seeds
1. Whisk soy, water and cornstarch in a saucepan and heat gently for 5-6 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Add the garlic and ginger at this point if you’re using it. Once thickened, whisk in the syrup and remove from the heat. Set aside.
2. Heat a large wok (or pan) on high for 1-2 minutes. When it’s really hot, add the coconut oil and steak slices and sauté for 1-2 minutes, flipping occasionally.
3. Add the spiralized zucchini and chopped bell pepper and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. Finally, stir through the teriyaki sauce and edamame beans then transfer to Tupperware boxes and allow to cool. Sprinkle a few sesame seeds over each and refrigerate. Easy!
Check out more healthy recipes here!