The perfect protein brownie recipe this fall.
Looking for the ultimate protein brownies recipe? Then look no further than our delicious protein pumpkin pie cheesecake brownies, at only 137kcal per slice. Now you really can have your cake and eat it…
Click to jump straight to the macros.
Don’t forget to check out more delicious fitness recipes!
Makes: 9 squares
For the brownie batter:
- 2-3 (300g) ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup (80ml) apple sauce
- 3/4 cup (75g) cacao powder
- 3 scoops (80g) Pumpkin Pie Impact Whey Protein
- Dash milk (if needed)
For the pumpkin cheesecake batter:
- 2/3 cup (150g) cream cheese (softened)
- 6-8 drops Vanilla Flavdrops
- 2/3 cup (150g) canned pumpkin (or ½ cup pureed fresh pumpkin)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
2. To make the brownie batter, add ripe bananas, apple sauce, cacao powder and protein powder to a blender and process until smooth. Depending on which protein powder you use, you may need to add a small dash of milk to loosen the mixture if necessary and re-blend. The mixture should be a thick consistency.
3. Spray the bottom of a 9”x9” baking tin with low-calorie cooking spray and pour ¾ of the brownie batter in. Set aside.
4. Make the pumpkin pie cheesecake batter by whisking together the softened cream cheese, Flavdrops, canned pumpkin, egg and cinnamon until smooth.
5. Spoon the cheesecake batter over the layer of brownie batter, then spoon the remaining ¼ brownie batter over the top, tablespoon by tablespoon.
6. Use a thin knife to make a marbled pattern in the top of the mixture, then bake for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy this protein brownies recipe? Check out more delicious fitness recipes!