This quick and easy protein donut recipe (or ‘pronuts’, as we like to call them) is perfect for when you need that sweet fix, but still gotta make those gains!
The patriotic topping is awesome for showing off, but the base recipe makes the perfect pronuts in a jiff for when you’re not feeling too flashy.
Makes: 4-6, depending on the size of your pan
Ingredients For Protein Donut Recipe
For the pronuts:
- 2 scoops Vanilla Impact Whey Protein
- 1/4 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 medium egg whites
- 1/4 cup milk (of choice)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 12-15 drops Vanilla Flavdrops
For the topping:
- 1 cup half-fat cream cheese
- 2 scoops Impact Whey Protein (we used Glazed Donut, obviously!)
- Red and blue natural food colouring
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. First, add the whey, flour, baking powder, egg whites, milk, ripe banana and melted coconut oil into a blender and process until smooth.
3. Oil a donut pan and pour the batter in. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until an inserted toothpick or knife comes out clean, then remove and allow to cool.
4. Once cooled, make the frosting. Blend the half-fat cream cheese and whey protein together with food colouring and drizzle over the pronuts. Done!