This lean and creamy sausage pasta meal prep will liven up your lunches – and then some.
Fed up of your daily chicken, rice and broccoli? Yup, us too. Try this lean, high-protein creamy sausage pasta meal prep for your next batch cooking session.
This recipe is super simple to make, requiring just a few basic cupboard ingredients. Use quark in place of cream cheese and reduced-fat sausages to keep this pasta meal prep super-lean.
Click to jump straight to the nutritionals.
Don’t forget to check out more delicious fitness recipes.
Makes: 4 meals
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 leek (finely sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 8 reduced-fat pork sausages (sliced)
- 8 oz. quark
- 12 oz. (350ml) marinara
- 2.5 cups (240g) (dry weight) brown penne pasta
- 1 tsp. sea salt, 1 tsp. black pepper and 1 tsp. dried chili flakes
- 3 cups water
- Handful fresh basil leaves
1. Add the coconut oil to a large, non-stick pan on a medium to high heat. Add the sliced leek into the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and pan fry for a further 2 minutes, then add the sliced sausages and fry for 6-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are brown on all sides.
2. Next, add the water, marinara and dried pasta and stir to combine. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 15-20 minutes, uncovered. If the mixture becomes too dry, add a little more water and stir.
3. Once the pasta is cooked through, stir through the quark and season with salt, pepper and chili flakes. Heat through for 2-3 minutes, then divide amongst dishes and top with fresh basil leaves.
Enjoy this pasta meal prep recipe? Try these delicious fitness recipes next.