The standard go-to flour of choice for most of us is wheat flour. Have you considered using organic flour to make and bake some delicious treats? If your answer is ‘no’, then read on to find out how you can get creative with organic flour!
In this recipe we are going to be using Teff flour, which is a great source of minerals and fiber. Teff flour is rich in calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium, meaning it is packed with essential minerals and is a great flour to use for baking!
Let’s find out how to make Teff Bran Chia Seed Bread
✓ 8.5 oz of Teff flour
✓ 2.2 oz of Wheat bran
✓ 0.2 oz of baking powder
✓ 0.1 oz of baking soda
✓ A pinch of salt
✓ 0.7 oz of Organic Chia Seeds
✓ 0.4 oz of honey
✓ 0.4 oz of coconut oil
✓ 1 cup of water
1. Pre heat your oven to 380 F before you begin to prepare the bread
2. Line a loaf tin with grease-proof paper
3. In a large bowl, stir the teff flour and what bran. Ensure it is mixed well
4. Add in the baking powder, the baking soda and salt to the mixture. Mix it well so it is smooth and there are no lumps
5. Set aside the chia seeds in a small dish and the water in a cup, then add the other remaining ingredients into the bowl
6. It will be difficult to combine the ingredients with a wooden spoon, so you are better off using your hands at this stage to ensure it is combined well
7. Gradually add the water into the dough and when it is all added place the dough into the loaf tin and try to shape it as evenly as possible
8. Sprinkle the top of the loaf with Chia Seeds – it is best to push them in slightly so that they stick. Then place your loaf tin in the oven
9. Allow it to bake for 35 minutes and then test the center of the bread to make sure it is completely cooked through – baking times may vary with different ovens so you may need to leave it a bit longer to guarantee it is cooked completely
10. When it is cooked, remove from the oven, allow to cool, cut into 10 slices and enjoy!
Calories: 114 Protein: 4 g Fat: 2 g Carbs: 20 g