These healthy Mardi Gras recipes will curb your cravings and then some.
Mardi Gras is here again, but although it’s a day of total indulgence for many, some of us like to cheat clean. Check out our favorite healthy Mardi Gras recipes that taste like junk food but are actually good for you.
1. Patriotic Pronuts
This quick and easy protein donut recipe is perfect for when you need that sweet fix, but still gotta make those gains.
2. 4-Ingredient Banana Protein Pancakes
This ridiculously easy, foolproof recipe will be your go-to banana protein pancakes recipe for breakfast (and maybe even lunch and dinner).
3. Party Pronuts
This baked protein donut recipe makes 6 ultra-moist protein donuts. Each one contains a mere 161kcal and 5g fat, and a hefty 8g protein. Who said donuts couldn’t be good for you?
4. Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Pancakes
This stack of peanut buttery goodness is all you need to get through your mornings.
For the batter:
- 5 tbsp. Instant Oats or 5 tbsp. rolled oats blended to a powder
- 1 scoop Strawberry Impact Whey Protein
- 6 egg whites
- 120ml milk of choice
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. Peanut Butter
For the topping:
- 1 tbsp. Peanut Butter
- Handful raspberries
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the Instant Oats, the scoop of protein, baking powder and egg whites. Add milk to the oats gradually while stirring. Add the peanut butter and continue mixing until smooth.
2. Heat a pan over low heat and rub the bottom of your pan with a paper towel soaked with coconut oil to keep the pancakes from sticking.
3. Cook for around a minute and flip the pancake.
4. Cook a minute more, then remove from heat.
5. Continue until there is no more batter.
6. Top with peanut butter and raspberries and devour.
5. Sumptuous Strawberry Protein Donuts
At only 84kcals per donut, feel free to eat a few of these to get your Mardi Gras fill.
Enjoy these healthy Mardi Gras recipes? Check out more delicious fitness recipes.