I am a severe creature of habit & will stick to the same rotation of foods I love for months before I get restless with one particular thing & change it. I recently hit one of those rare snags recently involving one of my off-day egg meals.
So I translated the macros into something else & had stuffed mushrooms for the first time in years. Bonus is that mushrooms are an A+ volume food- fill a plate and that’s just around 45 calories!
? Bacon (optional)
- Set oven to broil;
- Twist the stems out of all your biggest mushrooms, cupping the caps carefully with one hand to protect them from splitting;
- Wash the mushrooms and dry thoroughly;
- Spray a pan with low-calorie oil & place the caps hollow-side-up on it, with a couple seasonings such as salt & garlic to start;
- Broil these by themselves for a few minutes to brown them just a little & draw out the water
- While waiting, mix up eggs with cheese & seasonings (& anything else you want – I bet bacon bits would be the bomb) in a bowl – you won’t need as much as you think, I only use 1 egg for a whole pan of mushrooms;
- Remove from oven & dump the water from each mushroom using tongs, then place them right back where they were;
- Spoon egg & cheese mixture into each mushroom – it doesn’t really rise like you expect so don’t be afraid to totally fill them;
- Top with any more seasoning your heart desires & stick it back in to broil for several minutes until browned.
And there you have it! Enjoy an extremely tasty yet low carb meal.