Feel like lasagna, but think making a whole tray is way too much? Give our loaf pan lasagna a try for the perfect 3-day low carb meal prep!
This recipe makes the perfect high protein, low carb meal prep for those days where you’re favorite comfort food is calling your name.
Makes: 3 meals
Equipment needed: Loaf pan
Ingredients For Lasagna Low Carb Meal Prep
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped (or 1 tbsp. onion powder)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 12 oz turkey mince
- 14.5 oz chopped tomatoes
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 large zucchini
- 1.5 tsp. sea salt and black pepper
- 14.5 oz cottage cheese
- 3 egg whites
- 100g half fat cheese (grated)
1. First, make your turkey ragu. Add the coconut oil to a pan on a medium to high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and sauté for a further 2 minutes (if you’re using powder, add them after the next step).
2. Next, add the turkey mince and break it up a little using a spatula, then allow it to brown for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the oregano, 1 tsp. salt and pepper and the tomatoes and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
3. While you’re waiting, whisk cottage cheese and egg whites together in a bowl using a fork with the remaining salt and pepper. Set aside. Preheat the oven at 390°F or 350°F for fan-assisted.
4. Now prepare your zucchini and eggplant lasagna sheets. Use a vegetable peeler to slice the zucchini and eggplant length ways, so that you get long, wide slices.
5. Once the turkey ragu is ready, it’s time to make up the lasagna. Start with a layer of zucchini sheets for easy removal once cooked. Then alternate between the ragu, cheese sauce, eggplant, and zucchini, however you like. Finish with a layer of eggplant, then cheese sauce, then sprinkle with the half-fat cheese.
6. Bake for 15 minutes with aluminum foil on, then remove the foil, turn the heat up by 70°F and bake for a further 20 minutes. Once cooked, allow to cool and divide into three Tupperware boxes with your favourite vegetables or salad. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Want to see more healthy meal prep recipes? Check ’em out here!