Guest Recipe: Myprotein Writer Jack Crabtree
This simple recipe is made from only a few ingredients, is much healthier than a regular pancake and tastes great!
Offering a large amount of protein, as well as complex carbs, these are great for anyone looking to bulk up and put on some serious muscle mass.
This delicious protein pancake recipe can be also tweaked too for those looking to lose weight.
– 2 whole eggs (can also use 4 egg whites)
– ½ cup cottage cheese
– ½ cup of Myprotein instant oats
– 1 scoop Myprotein Impact Whey Protein – Vanilla flavour
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 tsp. Stevia
– Fresh/frozen fruit
1) Mix the eggs with the dry ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add the vanilla
2) Extract and Stevia (if required) and blend further until smooth.
3) Pour the mixture into a measuring jug. Prepare a pan or skillet and heat it with cooking spray or coconut oil.
4) Add the mixture in small (or large) batches, depending on preference, turning once golden.
Top your pancakes with peanut butter/banana or a topping of your choice, and enjoy!
The macronutrients for these pancakes (made with 2 whole eggs, cottage cheese, oats and whey) are as follows:
Protein – 46g
Carbohydrates – 35g
Fat – 5g
Sugar – 3g
Calories – 369
You can boost the protein further and cut down the carbs/fat by increasing the amount of protein used, and decreasing the amount of oats, or by substituting in egg whites in place of whole eggs.