Pizza is such a popular and delicious food that its actually pretty rare to find someone who does not enjoy pizza. You don’t have to just eat plain and boring chicken and rice on a regular basis. Pizza can be part of your diet alternative and support your goals.
This recipe is low in fat when compared to most pizzas and can be packed full of protein too!
✓ 1 cup whole wheat flour
✓ 1-1.5 teaspoons of active dry yeast
✓ ½ teaspoon of salt or desired amount
✓ 1-2 cups of warm water
✓ 1 can of diced tomatoes (drained and rinsed to remove sodium)
✓ 1 cup of low fat or skim mozzarella cheese
✓ 2 tsp of olive oil
✓ ¼ cup of fresh basil leaves (finely sliced)
✓ ¼ cup of fresh cilantro leaves (finely sliced)
✓ 4 ounces of fresh and chopped/shredded and cooked chicken breast
1. Mix the flour, yeast & salt together in a bowl. Once mixed in, add the water to the mixture and continue mixing until dough forms
2. Remove dough from bowl and kneed firmly on a cutting board already covered in flour to avoid sticking
3. Place dough back into a large bowl, cover top with plastic wrap and place to onside for 1-2 hours to allow the dough to rise
4. Preheat oven at 450 F
5. After dough has spent time rising, remove from bowl and place onto pizza baking tray
6. Roll dough out into large round and flat shape being careful not to tear the dough. If dough isn’t rolling out easily, sprinkle more flour onto the baking tray to help.
7. Once rolled out, cover with a light layer of tomato sauce onto dough and lightly sprinkle cheese
8. Add toppings in your desired arrangement, then place in the oven to cook for about 12-15 minutes
9. Remove, slice and enjoy!
601 calories | 60 g protein | 30 g fat | 20 g carbs
*Macros are for the whole pizza