Avocado? Say what? Yep, turns out you can add avocado to get ultra-fudgy, gooey brownies. The flavor of avocado is so mild you won’t be able to taste it, but it gives a rich creaminess only paralleled by dollops of unhealthy butter. Game changer.
- 1 large ripe avocado (approx. 7oz, flesh only)
- 1 tbsp. water
- ¼ cup brown sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- ¾ cup cacao powder (sieved)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup of MYSYRUP – Butterscotch flavor, or you can use your favorite flavor, plus extra to drizzle
- 4 medium egg whites
- ½ cup Cacao Liquor Buttons
1. Preheat oven to 370 F or for fan-assisted 350 F.
2. Blend the avocado, water, sugar, cacao powder, baking soda and syrup and process until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a whisk until they become a little stiff, and then gently fold them through the mixture.
4. Next, coarsely chop the cacao liquor buttons and stir them through the brownie mixture (if the mixture is too thick at this point, add a little more water and stir).
5. Pour into a lined baking tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.
6. Allow to cool then cut into squares and drizzle over more butterscotch MYSYRUP!
*Macros for 9 brownies