Try this super tasty, ridiculously easy burrito mason jar meal-prep recipe for the healthiest way to take your burrito.
Mason jar salads make meal prepping so easy. Just remember to put your liquid ingredients in first to prevent the other ingredients going soggy. Simply shake when you’re ready to eat.
Ingredients for Burrito Mason Jar Meal-Prep
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 4 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 7 oz. cooked wholemeal rice
- 7 oz. can sweetcorn (drained)
- 2 avocados
- 2 heads little gem lettuce (chopped)
- 8 tbsp. soured cream
- 3.5 oz. grated reduced-fat cheese
- Spring onions to garnish
1. Cut chicken breasts into cubes, season, and pan fry on a medium heat with a little coconut oil until fully cooked through. Remove and allow to cool.
2. Assemble your mason jars. Divide and drop in the chopped tomatoes and onions, lime juice and a little salt and pepper and mix. Add 2 tbsp. soured cream to each jar. By adding the liquid first, you won’t get a soggy salad after a few days in the fridge.
3. Divide the sweetcorn amongst the jars, then add the rice, chicken, avocado, little gem lettuce leaves and lastly the cheese. Screw on the lid and enjoy 4 days’ worth of healthy lunches!