Looking for more chicken meal prep ideas? You need this easy batch-prep chipotle chicken in your life.
This easy chipotle chicken is what you’ve been missing from your meal prep. Just blend up a few simple marinade ingredients to seriously upgrade your lunches!
Click to jump straight to the nutritionals.
Don’t forget to check out more delicious fitness and meal prep recipes.
Makes: 6 meals
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 chipotle chillis from a can of chipotle chillis in adobo sauce, + 3 tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 6 chicken breasts (try skin on for extra flavour)
- 2 cups (dry weight) couscous
- 60g cilantro (stems and leaves)
- 8 large tomatoes
For the chicken:
1. Preheat oven to 370°F.
2. Next, add the coconut oil, garlic, orange juice, chipotle chillis, adobo sauce, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper to a blender and process until smooth. Score the tops of the chicken breasts with a sharp knife, then rub the chipotle mixture all over the chicken breasts and into the score lines.
3. Place a sheet of baking paper on to the bottom of a deep baking tin and place the chicken breasts on top. Now cover it with another sheet of baking paper. By doing this, you’re seeling in the chicken’s moisture. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the centre. Spoon the marinade back over the chicken breast half way through the cooking time.
For the couscous:
4. While you’re waiting for the chicken to cook, make the couscous. Cook the couscous according to the directions on the back of the pack. Once cooked, drain, pour into a large mixing bowl and separate the grains with a fork. Allow to cool.
5. Finely chop the cilantro and tomatoes, then add them to the cooled couscous, along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
Once all components are ready, divide amongst three meal prep containers. Allow to cool, then refrigerate and store for up to 3 days.