Looking to spice up your bulking meal prep? Then up your game with this bulk-friendly and easy-to-make buffalo chicken meal prep recipe. Trust us – buffalo sauce makes everything better.
It’s super-important to up your carbohydrate intake while you’re bulking, so make sure you make plenty of pasta when you’re making this recipe. Not bulking? No problem! Reduce the amount of pasta to around 3 cups.
Ingredients For Buffalo Bulking Meal Prep
Makes: 3 meals
For the pasta:
- 5 cups (dry weight) whole wheat pasta (cooked)
- 3 breasts cooked chicken
- 2 stalks celery
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 tbsp. reduced-fat ranch dressing
- Large handful mixed leaves
For the buffalo sauce:
- 175ml hot sauce
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 4 tbsp. reduced-fat butter or margarine
- Pinch salt
1. Place a saucepan over a medium heat and add hot sauce and garlic powder. Cook for 2 minutes, then add butter and salt and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
2. Chop celery, tomatoes and pepper into bite-size pieces, and then shred the chicken using two forks. Place into a large mixing bowl with the cooked pasta.
3. Pour over buffalo sauce and toss it through the pasta salad. Divide amongst 3 meal-prep containers and drizzle a little ranch dressing over each, and serve with a handful of mixed leaves or your favorite side salad. Refrigerate for up to 3 days and enjoy hot or cold.
Check out the macros below!
Want to see more exciting meal prep recipes? Check ‘em out here!