Fiery Five Bean Chili | 15-Minute Vegan Dinner
Make this fiery five bean chili in 15 minutes flat for a delicious weeknight dinner. All you’ll need are a few simple ingredients and you’ll be in chili heaven in no time.
Check out the macros at the bottom of the recipe.
Don’t forget to check out more delicious healthy recipes.
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil or rapeseed oil
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- Spices: 2 tsp. hot chili powder, 1 tbsp. ground cumin, 1 tsp. paprika
- Beans: 14 oz. can mixed beans, 14 oz. can kidney beans, 2 tbsp. refried beans (optional)
- 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 14 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. tomato puree
- 5 oz. (dry weight) brown rice (cooked)
- 1 lime
1. Place a large saucepan on a medium heat and add coconut oil. Once melted, add onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and spices then cook for a further 2 minutes while stirring.
2. Add the beans, chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock and tomato puree. Bring the mixture to the boil and then cover the pan with a lid and leave to simmer for 10 minutes on a medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Once cooked, serve with cooked brown rice and a squeeze of lime juice. Perfection.
To store, cover the chili and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, transfer to the refrigerator and store for up to 3 days.
Enjoy this recipe? Don’t forget to check out more delicious healthy recipes.