Name a better combo than chocolate orange. We’ll wait.
So there’s no escaping the fact that it’s definitely coat weather again and it’s already dark outside by about 4pm — but these deliciously rich brownies are a guaranteed way to make you feel better about your day, trust us.
And now that we’re facing another month inside, you might as well fill your house with the incredible smell of fresh baking, right?
Niall Kirkland’s chocolate orange brownies are simple to get stuck into and the results are beyond worth it. He uses plenty of orange-flavored dark chocolate and cacao powder to give them a rich, deep flavor, along with maple syrup to naturally sweeten and some orange zest for a fresh citrus punch. Heaven.
- 125g high-quality dark chocolate orange
- 3 eggs
- 100g maple syrup
- 100g almond flour
- 30g Organic Cacao Powder
- 1 squirt FlavDrops (Vanilla)
- A pinch of sea salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 50g 100% Coconut Oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Melt the dark orange chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Then, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and maple syrup until your mixture has doubled in size (this will take a while by hand, if you have an electric whisk, we recommend using one).
- Next, whisk the melted dark chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Sift the almond flour and cacao powder into the mixture, add your FlavDrops, sea salt and orange zest, and mix well.
- Finally, mix in the melted coconut oil.
- Transfer your brownie mixture to a lined baking 8×8” baking tray. Flatten the top and shake out any bumps.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from oven, leave to cool and slice into 16 bites. Enjoy!